Much of our work at PondelWilkinson involves writing, and in the world of investor relations and financial communications, certain words are used more frequently than others in the span of a year.
Following is a top-10 list of the most overused words in 2015, along with (tongue-and-cheek) alternatives for the year ahead.
- Unicorn/rhinoceros (two horns are better than one)
- Leading/simply the best
- Revolutionary/other worldly
- Activist/Laird Hamilton (one very active guy)
- Deep value/there’s treasure buried in them hills
- Emerging/turtle head
- Strategic alliance/friends with benefits
- Merger/friends with benefits (yes, a repeat)
- Consolidation/I crush your head
– Evan Pondel, firstname.lastname@example.org