It never hurts to express a little optimism for what could be in 2008. And the Wall Street Journal did just that this morning with a list of why investors should feel pretty darn good about the year ahead.
Drum roll, please.
- Stocks rally — Assuming we’ve seen the worst in the fourth quarter.
- The housing market stabilizes — Really, how low can it go?
- Consumer spending remains solid — A healthy job market is keeping those cash registers ringing.
- Corporate profits accelerate — The jury is still out on this one.
- Economic growth accelerates — The Fed’s gonna have to provide some assistance here.
— Evan Pondel, Senior Associate, email@example.com