PondelWilkinson was recently featured in a Los Angeles Business Journal article on public companies engaging in social media and the implications for disclosure. Click here to read the article in its entirety. Following are takeaways:
- Consider setting up a social media policy that permits official corporate communication to be conveyed through specified social media accounts, not personal accounts;
- Ensure that social media communications are consistent with other public statements;
- Determine whether disclaimers are necessary, such as forward-looking statements;
- Identify someone who will monitor social media communications;
- When you implement a social media policy, stick with it.